One of my favorite activities to do with my kids from the time they are babies is to find a good story time. I always look for ones that include music, book reading, and other age appropriate activities. Today I’m going to give you some links to places that have great story times around Atlanta.
1. Our go to story time has always been at our local library. They have different story times for different age groups, and the length of the story times varies with age. There are always age appropriate books, activities, and music to go along with each group. Here are the links for three of the library systems around Atlanta. If your county library system isn’t included just do a quick google search for it and find their calendar page and it will show you everything they have going on. Story times are free.
Cobb County Public Library System
Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System
2. The Georgia Aquarium has a toddler time which is held on Tuesday in their Oceans Ballroom. While the kids have a view of the beluga whales, whale sharks, and other sea creatures they take part in a story time and music time. They also get to meet a costumed character, and meet an approachable animal. This is $10 for non members, and $8 for members. A craft activity, and small snack is also provided. Toddler time is about one and a half hours. Below you will find a link for the event page so you can check out all the details, and see the upcoming dates.
3. FoxTale Book Shoppe is located in Woodstock, Ga and they have story times on Saturdays. They often have Disney princesses come in for story times, and different characters. You can checkout the link below for the upcoming Saturday story times, and which books will be read.
4. The Center for Puppetry Arts has a Toddler Tuesday which takes place the first Tuesday of every month. It is for ages 2-4 and the price is $8.50 per person. During the event there is a puppet led story time, music and songs, age appropriate craft, a hands on tour of their Worlds of Puppetry museum, and lots of movement. For more information please see the link below.
5. Little Shop of Stories is a bookstore in Decatur, Georgia. They offer story time, and circle time every week. Story times on Tuesdays are best for ages 2-6, and story times on Sundays are based off of the crowd that comes in that day. Circle times are Thursday’s and Fridays and they are best for ages 3 and under. Along with story time they do interactive play, and songs. See the link below for times and more information.
6. Barnes and Noble offers story time most Saturdays, and some stores offer it Wednesday as well. Usually with each story time there is a little activity to go alone with it, and they give out coupons to their cafe. Use the link below to find your local store and their story times.
Hope this gave you some new ideas for story times around Atlanta! Thanks for stopping by!
10 indoor play activities around Atlanta
Interactive Neighborhood for Kids Children’s Museum
Our Day at the Children’s Museum of Atlanta
10 Places Kids Eat Free Around Atlanta