Schools out and now we are all looking for ways to entertain our kids inside and outside of the house. Museums, amusement parks, zoos, aquariums, and more attractions are slowly starting to reopen. Here is a list of family friendly attractions that are open or reopening and some of their new guidelines.
1. Georgia Aquarium – opens to the general public on June 15th. Tickets must be purchased in advance online and they will be doing timed ticket entry. Temperature scans will be done before entering and masks are strongly encouraged. For more information click here.
2. Zoo Atlanta – currently open, purchase timed ticket online. If you are a member you still must reserve a time slot before you go. The zoo has been set up to have a one way direction to prevent too much traffic buildup. Indoor attractions remain closed. Splash pad, playgrounds, train, carousel, and ropes course are closed. Masks encouraged but not required. For more information click here.
3. High Museum – opening to the general public on July 18th. They will be releasing more information on what to expect when visiting on June 23rd. Click here to stay up to date on that information.
4. Fernbank Museum – Reopened on June 4th. All tickets must be purchased online and are timed sessions. Outdoor and non-contact areas currently open. Masks for ages 2 and older if medically possible. For more information click here.
5. Atlanta Botanical Garden – Currently reopen with limited attractions. More attractions will be opening June 15th. The children’s garden is remaining closed at this time. Timed tickets must be purchased online. Face mask encouraged but not required. For more information click here.
6. Atlanta Botanical Garden Gainesville – Reopening on June 16th. Timed tickets must be purchased in advance online. Children’s garden will remain closed. Masks are encouraged but not required. For more information click here.
7. Six Flags – Reopens June 22nd to general public. Online reservation system must be used. Masks required and temperature checks before entry. For more information click here.
8. Six Flags White Water – Reopens to the public on July 3rd. Online reservation system must be used. Temperature checks before entry. Masks may be required in some areas where you are not in water. For more information click here.
9. Tellus Science Museum – Reopens to the public on June 20th. Must purchase timed ticket online. Fossil Dig, My Big Backyard, outdoor pavilion, and all water fountains will remained closed. Masks encouraged but not required. For more information click here.
10. Southeastern Railway Museum – Reopen to the public. Must pay for admission with a card. Masks required for anyone over the age of 5. Some areas and exhibits are not reopen yet. During the summer the admission rates will be lowered to $7 for adults and $5 for ages 2-12. For more information click here.
11. Ready, Set, Fun – Now open for booking private play sessions for $65 per hour. Up to four children included in price. For more information click here.
12. The Rock Ranch – Reopening June 11th. Attractions will be open Thursday-Saturday. Instead of a gate admission they are now doing a punch card system, if you buy yours online there is a discount. Masks not required. For more information click here.